My child, where you saw only one set of footprints, it is then that I carried you...
Our Wedding Day, August 23, 2003

Verse of the Day...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Translate Me! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~My Chatter Box~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Previous Footprints

Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com

Prayers for Rebekah

Footprints From My Past

Footprints of Friends
    Blogroll Me!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Who Links Here
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ChristianTop500.com



Blog Directory, Find A Blog, Submit A Blog, Search For The Best Blogs

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

Top100bloggers.com





Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

Women of The Word Webring


His Footprints, My Heart...

Friday, February 04, 2005
Stop Steppin' On My Toes!!!
I've learned in life that usually when God really wants me to "get" something, He makes sure that everywhere I turn someone's steppin' on my toes. This week, My sis-in-law posted on her blog Believe N God about a woman's testimony of how "little foxes" were getting into her marriage and destroying it. Today, on The Christian Working Woman with Mary Welchel, she was talking about cleaning out our "closets" of unforgiveness. I realized today that even though you say you've forgiven someone, if you still bring it up in conversation or still spend any energy thinking about it, you haven't completely forgiven. Forgiveness sometimes has to be a continual process for us. When we ask God for forgiveness, we don't (or at least shouldn't) wonder if He's really forgiven us, or if He's going to throw it back in our face at some time. He says that He "remembers it not more." Now, being human, we have limitations. Being able to forget what we should remember and remember what we should forget is just one of those, but a big one. We need to remember that, if we are saved, Christ the King is a permanent house guest in our hearts. We never like to have clutter in our homes when guests are there, so how can we leave clutter like unforgiveness, bitterness, and selfishness (just to name a few) in the home of our Abba, our Daddy-God? Christ wants to help us "clean house" of the foxes that steal our joy. I read a great statement the other day that said "when you harbor bitterness, happiness will dock elsewhere."

At 1:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cindy,

You are right, we need to clean the closet of unforgiveness, I heard someone's Granny once say, "I'm sweeping out the Devil." Sounds a little out there, but it's true, we need to sweep out the Devil to make room for the Father.

Today I will remain anonymous, but I am reading.

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

Paula,
Thanks, Sis! If you click on the "Edit HTML" tab when you're composing a blog it will give you a tool bar above your post. Highlight what you want to link then hover over the toolbar until you find the "insert link" button, it's right next to the "i" for italicizing. It pops up a box for you to enter the URL :) Voila! You can start by putting a link to my blog in your next post (hows that for subtle begging??? ha!) Love ya!

Anonymous,
Thanks so much for dropping by! My mom used to say "I had to kick the devil out today", either of her car, or her desk, or anywhere :) I'll remember that one when I do my spiritual house-keeping :)

 
Click Here To Help Little Rebekah

Leave your footprint...
Post a Comment