My child, where you saw only one set of footprints, it is then that I carried you...
Our Wedding Day, August 23, 2003

Verse of the Day...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Translate Me! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~My Chatter Box~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Previous Footprints

Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com

Prayers for Rebekah

Footprints From My Past

Footprints of Friends
    Blogroll Me!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Who Links Here
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ChristianTop500.com



Blog Directory, Find A Blog, Submit A Blog, Search For The Best Blogs

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

Top100bloggers.com





Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

Women of The Word Webring


His Footprints, My Heart...

Monday, February 07, 2005
Does God Say "No"?
The other day I read someone asking "Does God say No?" and someone answered that God doesn't tell us "no" because God will always give us everything we need. But I have to disagree...I certainly believe that God will tell us "No" at times, just like my parents did as I was growing up. Just because something is "good", doesn't mean that it's "good for us". Cake and ice cream are good, and your 3 year old child may want to eat only cake and ice cream all the time, but you, as a parent who has greater wisdom than your 3 year old with regards to what constitutes food that is good for you, are going to tell that child "no". That child probably won't understand, and may even get upset or mad, but someday they will see the wisdom. Our heavenly Father is the same way. He, in His infinite wisdom, may say "no" to something "good" that we want, but He knows what's best. It may be good, but not good for us because He tells us in Romans 8:28 that ALL things work together for good for those who love Him and are called according to His purpose. I was 28 years old when my mother died of cancer. I didn't understand. I was praying and truly believing that God could and would heal her. It was so painful to see her suffer and so painful to lose her. I couldn't understand how this could possibly be good or even good for me.... at the time. But God... isn't that a great phrase?? But God has allowed me to minister to others who have lost parents and loved ones. It has given me a greater sensitivity to others. We learned that my aunt, who we'd been praying for for many, many years, was saved because of watching my mothers illness. This aunt passed away 3 weeks after she was saved... at the age of 51. At my mom's funeral I sang the song "Christians Never Say Goodbye", my mom always loved to hear me sing. But after hearing this song at my mom's funeral I had so many people requesting to have a copy of me singing it that I ended up recording a solo demo project with that song on it as well as "Alabaster Box" and others. My brother-in-law took a copy to work and gave it to a co-worker who listened to it, enjoyed it, and, long story short, it eventually led her to singing for our Lord! Isn't God good??? I've probably rambled on for too long, so I'll end with this: I believe God always gives us a qualified "no". It's always "No, because I have something so much better in store for you, just wait and you'll see".
At 5:18 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

Yes, I totally agree...sometimes the "NO" turns out to be so much better than the "YES" we thought we just couldn't live without.

 
At 12:42 AM, Blogger Nettie said...

I think that's exactly right, especially what you said at the end. Soemtimes we have to wait a while, but I do believe God has a master plan that's better than we can see sometimes.

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

Cindy, you are right. Too often we think that God is our sugar Daddy and, I quote, "He just wants to make us happy!"

If I hear one more Christian misuse that statement, I am going to cry myself silly! Our happiness does not lie in our wisdom, it lies in the hands of God. We need to bring our request before him and assume he will supply our need.

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

Paula,
It's about stinkin' time you added me, Sis!! Just kidding :) Love ya! Thanks for dinner last night, it was great!

Stacey,
I wouldn't have my wonderful hubby if God hadn't told me "NO" in the past... my hubby was definitely worth waiting for... I think we don't always realize that God's dreams for us are even bigger and better than what we dream for ourselves :) Thanks for stoppin' by!


Nettie,
Couldn't have said it better myself! Thanks for bloggin' by!

Darlene,
You said: "Our happiness does not lie in our wisdom, it lies in the hands of God. We need to bring our request before him and assume he will supply our need."
Amen, Sister! Can you imagine what the world would be like if all we did was what we wanted? What a selfish way to live, much less foolish since our Abba is omnipotent, omniscient, all-wise, I could go on...
Thanks for droppin' by!

 
Click Here To Help Little Rebekah

Leave your footprint...
Post a Comment