My child, where you saw only one set of footprints, it is then that I carried you...
Our Wedding Day, August 23, 2003

Verse of the Day...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Translate Me! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~My Chatter Box~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Previous Footprints

Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com

Prayers for Rebekah

Footprints From My Past

Footprints of Friends
    Blogroll Me!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Who Links Here
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ChristianTop500.com



Blog Directory, Find A Blog, Submit A Blog, Search For The Best Blogs

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

Top100bloggers.com





Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

Women of The Word Webring


His Footprints, My Heart...

Friday, June 24, 2005
Nope! Not Dead.... CRANKY, But Not Dead!
Ok, I know...... even my SIL Paula has been "gently assisting me with her foot" to post again, but I promise, I'm not dead... oh, guess you picked up on that one already, huh... I WILL get back to my testimony posts, today's just not a good day for it. Today IS a good day for a cranky post. "Why?" you ask? Let's see..... BECAUSE I'M CRANKY TODAY! So, to answer my boss from about 7 years ago who just couldn't appreciate my happy disposition and asked me (in a very angry tone, might I add...) on more than one occasion "Are you ALWAYS happy????" "Well, yes, most of the time I am.... unless I'm posting a cranky post.... which probably means I'm CRANKY.... but I'm actually still quite happy!" That usually made him angrier.... then he went home and "thought about what he'd just said".... then came in the next morning trying to win me over with an "olive branch" bagel (no, not a bagel made of olive branches, way too much fiber, I'm speaking figuratively here, people!) Sorry, warned you I was cranky.....

Anyways, I'm just tired, had alot going on lately.... and.... I need advice. First, the easy one.... I want to put some of my CD on my blog, but I don't necessarily want to do it using the Audio Blogger feature. I want something like a little simulated radio of sorts in the side bar where I can put some things from my CD. Anybody know how I can do this? Oh, yeah.... preferably for FREE??

Ok, now my true dilema, which is the more difficult one, and a HUGE contributor to my crankiness (ok, the MAIN contributor). You see, there's a girl I work with, she's in her mid-20's and incredibly hyper. We get along great, but she doesn't quite get "professionalism" yet. I'm about 5 years older than her, so we get along extremely well (have I convinced you that I'm not old yet? I found a gray hair the other day.... on MY head! Yet another contributor to my crankiness.... I'm WAY too young to have a gray hair, but I digress...), much better than she does with some of the more "seasoned" co-workers. Secondly, she's not a Christian... she knows I am and truly respects that, and she'll even talk (somewhat) about God "things" with me, which I'm thrilled about! Problem is, she talks CONSTANTLY!!!!! I mean CON-STANT-LY!!!!! She asks me off the wall questions, both work related and non-work related, that I have no clue about and most people would never think to ask me because they would automatically assume that I don't have that information filed away in my head. For example,
Her: "Hey Cindy, how much are the Snoop Dog tickets for the concert in Midtown next week?" Me: "Who? Snoopy's in town? Is Linus playing for him? How 'bout Woodstock, is he coming?"
Her: "Uh, yeah, we really don't listen to the same music, do we?"

But this goes on day in and day out. I bought myself a small radio with a head set that I listen to with one ear so I can hear the phone when it rings or when people come to my desk, but that doesn't seem to work very well, a little bit (very little), but not much. I get to the point at least once a week where I want to say, "Will you PUHLEEZ just SHUT! UP!", but I don't, because satan WANTS me to do that... he'd love for me to ruin my testimony by blowing up and acting just like others around here. She takes things at work too personally, which I've tried to tell her to not sweat the small stuff.... you see, some of our co-workers don't like her and get her in trouble for things that aren't really her fault, and she kind of has a chip on her shoulder. Now, trust me enough to know that I've come to these conclusions by spending 8 hours a day with her every weekday for the last 8 months, so I'm not "jumping" here. She's one who's always ready to pick a fight, beat someone up, slash someone's tires (I think her bark is bigger than her bite, quite honestly, but she does like to put on the "tough girl" front). I'm trying to teach her that you don't have to "take" things off of people nor do you have to take the polar opposite approach to still stand up for yourself. I'm trying to show her the "high road" and how to travel there and that you will get more respect that way.... BUT..... sometimes she DRIVES. ME. NUTS!!!!!!! If it were just once in a while or even just one day a week or something, no problemo! But it's pretty much 24/7. Got any good Christian advice on this one? I want to pull her TO God, but I still have to get my work done.... and this interferes with that.
Wow, I'm feeling a little less cranky already! Lol! You guys are da best! I promise I won't be so cranky next time.....
At 2:30 PM, Blogger steve said...

Thanks for visiting my site! I show up on a CRANKY DAY???? whats that all about??? GOD IS GOOD SISTER!!! BUCK UP!! (insert God pep-talk here)

HAve a blessed Day and weekend!

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Just love her, and chill the fuck out.

It's not "Christian" advice, but I'm pretty sure God would say the same thing.

You don't seem like the type that would believe something like that, but God is nothing like what Christians have made him.

It's not your fault. Everyone needs something to believe in, but someone should've told you to think critically, and to think for yourself. To be smart in your spirituality, and to never become lazy.

We're dumb to think that we could even understand God, or anything else.

Good luck with your music.

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger Nettie said...

Heh. I love the cranky trend I've started. But seriously, could you email me? If you really want the advice, I'd prefer to offer it that way for this.

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

Your co-worker sounds a bit like someone else we all know and love...

 
At 12:05 AM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

I'm a bit chit chatty sometimes too, so I don't have any advice because I never have to worry about anyone talking more than me. Sorry you are cranky today, but better cranky than absent.

 
At 11:06 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

Where did that maroon "smash" come from? Blog surfing while high on meth should be illegal.

 
At 11:53 PM, Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

Wow. That kind of stuff would make anyone cranky. And you've been putting up with this for eight months? I think God is using you in a mighty way with her. What is your office setup? This may seem cheesy, comes from my "teacher" education. They told us to have some sort of visual signal-- like a traffic light-- posted at the front of the room. When it's green, students can talk amongst themselves freely. Yellow- whisper, red- silent. Works great with kids, but maybe you could somehow adapt this for use? Put a little something on your desk that's a signal just between you and her, so she'll know when you need to be left alone? I don't know. Maybe it's cheesy, but worth a shot??

 
At 11:54 PM, Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

oh, by the way, sorry I haven't been by lately. I've been horribly neglecting everyone! We're getting ready to move...tomorrow!! Not far away, just up the street actually, but it's consumed a LOT of time. Glad to see you're still here-- I'll try to be here more often now!

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger Lynne said...

Cindy, I would LOVE to hear you sing in your group. Are there CD's available somewhere? I grew up on country music and gospel as well. Some, like my husband, don't think it's too cool but I just love it. When I listen to it and sing with it, I get get goosebumps and I know that it is saturated in God's presence and that is just where I want to be. I hope these last few days for you have been getting better. Thank you for letting us know your trials so we can bind together and pray for you. Life is messy and that is why we need Him so much.

. . . and Smash . . . I don't think that God would use the word F@#&. He is opposed to swearing and vulgarity. He stands for righteousness. Just be careful.

 
Click Here To Help Little Rebekah

Leave your footprint...
Post a Comment