My child, where you saw only one set of footprints, it is then that I carried you...
Our Wedding Day, August 23, 2003

Verse of the Day...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Translate Me! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~My Chatter Box~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Previous Footprints

Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com

Prayers for Rebekah

Footprints From My Past

Footprints of Friends
    Blogroll Me!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Who Links Here
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ChristianTop500.com



Blog Directory, Find A Blog, Submit A Blog, Search For The Best Blogs

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

Top100bloggers.com





Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

Women of The Word Webring


His Footprints, My Heart...

Wednesday, February 09, 2005
The Road of Life
Does God speak to you when you're driving? I'm sure He probably does, just like He does with me. Well, this morning on my way to work it was foggy and drizzly, and people lose all sense of how to drive when a little water falls from the sky. Gives me a new respect for Noah; after all, he'd never seen rain before and he maneuvered a huge boat for more than a month! Anywho.... there were accidents everywhere, but that seemed to matter very little to many of the people sharing (not always so nicely...) the road with me. It amazes me how when the weather is bad and there are accidents all around, people seem to drive so wrecklessly. I mean, there are DOT signs all over the place that state "Weather Alert Reduced Visibility Due To Rain and Fog Drive With Caution", and people seem to ignore them and drive faster, cut more people off, slam on their brakes harder and more often. I wonder what would happen if they just slowed down just a hair, and watched a little more closely to what was going on around them. Do you think someone might be able to avoid an accident... avoid the time, expense, possible injuries? I think God puts the "rain" and "fog" on our roads of life to get our attention... not so that we'll breeze right on through, possibly hurting ourselves or someone else. I think He wants us to learn something, maybe how to be a better "driver" here in this life, maybe to be a better example, or maybe to avoid an "accident" in life or to keep one from being so harsh. Maybe He just puts the rain and fog in our lives to keep us on a certain road longer so we can spend a little more time with Him, perhaps we wouldn't spend that time with Him if we got to our destination sooner. Next time you're "held up" in traffic or just the traffic of life, take the time to enjoy the moment... it may be that God has something He really wants you to see, or maybe He just wants to spend some time with you.
At 5:50 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

I love to be a passenger on a long road trip. I lay back and sings songs and look at the clouds. I remember last summer singing 'I've got a mansion just over the hilltop' as I looked at the clouds. I can't wait to drive on streets of gold.

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

Paula,
Me too... I picture angels lined up all around my car protecting me from accidents ;-)

Darlene,
Won't that be awesome?!? I agree, it's nice to be the passenger... you get the opportunity to see all the sights that you sometimes miss when you're in the driver's seat... another good reason to let Him do the driving ;-)

 
Click Here To Help Little Rebekah

Leave your footprint...
Post a Comment