My child, where you saw only one set of footprints, it is then that I carried you...
Our Wedding Day, August 23, 2003

Verse of the Day...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Translate Me! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~My Chatter Box~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Previous Footprints

Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com

Prayers for Rebekah

Footprints From My Past

Footprints of Friends
    Blogroll Me!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Who Links Here
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ChristianTop500.com



Blog Directory, Find A Blog, Submit A Blog, Search For The Best Blogs

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

Top100bloggers.com





Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

Women of The Word Webring


His Footprints, My Heart...

Friday, February 11, 2005
About That Gentle and Quiet Spirit.....
My Sis Paula reminded me yesterday in her post on Believe N God about a book I read a few years ago called Putting On a Gentle and Quiet Spirit written by Elizabeth George. It was a study on I Peter. There was one particular prayer, anonymously written, that I used to pray every day during my devotional:

Teach me, Lord, to keep sweet and gentle in all the events of life, in disappointments, in thoughtlessness of others, in the insincerity of those I trusted, in the unfaithfulness of those on whom I relied. Help me to put myself aside, to think of the happiness of others, to hide my little pains and heartaches, so that I may be the only one to suffer from them. Teach me to profit by the suffering that comes to me. Help me to use it that it may mellow me, not harden or embitter me; that it may make me broad in my forgiveness; kindly, sympathetic, and helpful.

I don’t know exactly when I stopped… I hate how satan can get me sidetracked for just a moment, and, before I know it…….
Well, reading Paula’s blog yesterday brought that prayer back to mind. I Peter 3:3-4 says:

“Do not let your beauty be that of outward adorning of arranging the hair, of wearing gold, or of putting on fine apparel; but let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible ornament of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God.”

Don’t get me wrong, I think God wants us to look our best, after all we are His children; but I don’t think He’s incredibly impressed with our latest fashion trends and the newest color we choose to dye our hair, especially when it takes precedence over how we look inside. I think, well I know, that He’s much more impressed with what’s inside, and I know that sometimes He must be disgusted with what He finds in me. After all, who am I really trying to impress? Do I really have my priorities straight? I need to go talk to my Abba, my Daddy-God.
At 6:32 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

This post reminds me of children that like to play dressup, or play with their toys. It's cute and as parents we don't mind, but it's the attitude of our children that matters to us. How they treat other people, do they share those toys? What is really inside them is what counts.

My children fight so often, and all I ask of them is to get along.

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

Paula,
Wow... thanks, Sis ;-) Of course I forgive you.. I love you!! You're truly a blessing!

Darlene,
I don't have any children, but I know how much what was inside of me mattered to my parents. That's something that my parents instilled in my... all the worldly possessions and accomplishments don't really mean anything if your heart's not right, if we don't treat others well :-) The last line in your comment sounds like something I think we'd hear God say: "My children fight so often, and all I ask of them is to get along." Thanks for all your comments... you are a real encouragement!

 
Click Here To Help Little Rebekah

Leave your footprint...
Post a Comment