My child, where you saw only one set of footprints, it is then that I carried you...
Our Wedding Day, August 23, 2003

Verse of the Day...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Translate Me! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~My Chatter Box~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Previous Footprints

Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com

Prayers for Rebekah

Footprints From My Past

Footprints of Friends
    Blogroll Me!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Who Links Here
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ChristianTop500.com



Blog Directory, Find A Blog, Submit A Blog, Search For The Best Blogs

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

Top100bloggers.com





Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

Women of The Word Webring


His Footprints, My Heart...

Thursday, July 14, 2005
Prayer Requests, Updates and New...
Those of you who have been around here for a while will notice that I changed the title of my blog from "The Song In My Heart" to the current "His Footprints, My Heart". I loved "The Song In My Heart" because God's always got a song for me or a lesson and I wear my heart on my sleeve in person and on my blog, but I decided to change it to "His Footprints, My Heart" for a couple of reasons. It reminds me of the "Footprints" poem and that was my mothers favorite poem. It also describes me.... God places His footprints in my life and on my heart and I want to share what He's done and what's in my heart.

Today is a little bit of both, His footprints and my heart. You may have read over at Paula's "Believe N God" about my husband, Paula's brother a.k.a. "Uncle". I have the most wonderful husband in the world and I love him with all of my heart. God certainly knew what He was doing when He put the two of us together. I told you recently of hubby's kidney stone surgery and his bout with the flu this week. We got a phone call from the doctor yesterday to tell us that they have found a "soft tissue mass" on his neck on the x-rays they took and will be having an MRI Friday, July 15th (tomorrow). Please pray for him as he goes to have this test, pray that they will not find a mass and that my adoring husband will be given a clean bill of health. Also pray for him to find another job. He's looking as I write this. Pray for me, I'm a worrier and I'm so stressed. I hate to see my husband hurting and stressed. Medical bills are coming in and, although they are not huge in comparison to what they could be or to what others are faced with, they're big to us. I think a good bit of my stress comes from everything coming all at one time and being tired. I know that God is good and that He's taking care of us, He always has and He always will, I don't doubt that for one minute. We still praise Him and give Him the glory and as hard as it is to do I thank Him for all of this because He knows "what I need even before I ask" and that the Holy Spirit intercedes for me when I can't pray. Pray for His peace that passes all understanding.

Secondly, the most recent information I have on Austin: His mother, who has been fighting a very bad bacterial infection for some time now, was admitted to the hospital yesterday because of the infection. I don't have any details, but I can only imagine how she feels being in the hospital while her 3 year old son, Austin, is in open heart surgery. They started the surgery at 8:00 or 8:30 this morning and I'll update you all when I hear something. Thank you all for your prayers for this family.
You continually amaze me. "Thank you" isn't nearly enough, but "Thank You."

Under His Wings,
Cindy


"Under His Wings"
By The Ruppes

My life was filled with danger, I felt alone.
The enemy had singled me out to do me wrong.
When he drew near my heart filled with fear.
Then I heard someone dear calling me to His side.

And I ran under His wings,
there He covered me and now I can sing
And the enemy still looks for me but what he can't see
is that I'm under my Lord's wings.

Thunder rolled, dark clouds hung low I was in a storm.
Shivering in the coldness there, no safe retreat from harm.
There blew strong winds. Would this be my end?
But then I heard my Friend calling me to His side.

And I ran under His wings,
there He covered me and now I can sing.
The storm still rages but I'm in the Rock of Ages
and I'm resting warmly under my Lord's wings.

Under His wings, under His wings
Who from His love can sever
Under His wings my sould shall abide
Safely abide forever.
At 10:52 AM, Blogger Paul said...

Hi Cindy-Lou,

I just finished reading Paula's post and I want to let you know that I too join them in praying for your husband and for you.

That the Lord will reach out and comfort you both and let you know that He is walking with you both though this time.

I know out of experience, that the Lord is our strength, that as I went through the chemo, radiation, the surgeries and a divorce, that the Lord was with me, each and every step of the way.

"Father, I lift Uncle before you, as well as Cindy-Lou and Lord I ask that you be with them and bless them with your presence and indeed, it is you that carries us through the dark night of the soul, through the battles and gives us a peace and hope, that only you can give."

"Lord, I ask that you give them, as you gave me, the peace that passes all understanding. That you will be lifted up in the midst of all of this. Be with Paula and her family as they pray and stand also with Uncle and Cindy."

"We love you Lord and look to you for the strength"

"In Jesus name, Amen!!"

Prayerfully yours,

Paul

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger Bill said...

Cindy,

I started praying for you guys the moment Paula told me about John last night at Halftime Bible Study. John is very blessed to have someone in his life whom Christ has already comforted, and brought through, the shadowlands. You'll be a wonderful blessing and strength to him through Christ.

Prayers for you both to our Eternal Hope and Blessed Redeemer,

Bill

 
At 6:40 PM, Blogger Nettie said...

Left a comment to this effect on Paula's as well, but that song makes me think of Isaiah 40:31, undoubtedly inspired by it: "but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Come to think of it, we could all do to remember that.

 
At 11:07 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

Cindy, when you have a concern, we have one, you've become so special to many of us. I have been praying for you both.

And this is way off topic, but your new photo is so hot. I saw it the other day and went, "wow, who is that pretty girl?" It was you.

 
Click Here To Help Little Rebekah

Leave your footprint...
Post a Comment