My child, where you saw only one set of footprints, it is then that I carried you...
Our Wedding Day, August 23, 2003

Verse of the Day...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Translate Me! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~My Chatter Box~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Previous Footprints

Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com

Prayers for Rebekah

Footprints From My Past

Footprints of Friends
    Blogroll Me!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Who Links Here
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ChristianTop500.com



Blog Directory, Find A Blog, Submit A Blog, Search For The Best Blogs

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

Top100bloggers.com





Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

Women of The Word Webring


His Footprints, My Heart...

Wednesday, July 06, 2005
When You Don't Know What To Do...
... Don't Worry, God Has A Plan!

That was the title of the sermon at church Sunday morning, and was it ever timely. But, then again, isn't that just like God??

You see, last Wednesday night on my way home from church I was so beaten down and I just prayed all the way home. Remember some time back when I was quite troubled by knowing I was supposed to be doing something more but didn't know what yet? Well, a couple of months ago God showed me something... my church choir has the opportunity go to Moscow, Russia to minister with 2 other churches being led by our minister of music along with some others and Camp Kirkland. I knew beyond the shadow of a doubt that I was supposed to go. You know, that feeling you get when you KNOW God is telling you to do something. That uneasiness in my soul I had been having went away. The cost: $2500. The approximate amount that the IRS requested from us this year because in our first full "fiscal" year or marriage, our first full year of having two incomes and only one home, we were hit pretty hard. But I knew that God would provide, we still had money in savings and we were going to do fund raisers through church. No problem! I've had bigger trials than needing money for a mission trip and God has ALWAYS been faithful!

When we start to rely totally on God and have complete faith in Him, satan can't stand it! He's not about to let you forget that he can't stand it, either! My wonderful hubby, my precious gift from God, has been having some trials with work (please pray for him!), and to top it off, he started having problems with his kidney stones again. He's had them for a while, off and on, maybe a stone or two a year and that's about it..... until recently. Poor thing, he'd been having stones about every week and a half or 2 weeks for the past couple of months. This stresses him out because of the pain but even moreso because of his boss who is, shall we say, less than flexible. They don't offer any sick time where he works and he works 12 hour shifts for three days and then a half day. Then I'm stressed out because I know there's nothing I can do to help him... one of my spiritual gifts is mercy and I can't stand not being able to help someone. Long story short, hubby had to have several tests and finally surgery to find and break up the stones that had become lodged. Hubby's doing MUCH better, but to say the least all of this costs $$$. How much? Well, with his insurance and deductables, probably $2000 or more.

Now, if your anything like me, which some of you either are or just read my blog because your so glad your not *grin*..... Well, I started thinking about the money that it was going to cost to go on this mission trip.... worrying. Seems like a common theme over here, doesn't it? Now we're back at the beginning of this post where I was worried and praying all the way home last Wednesday. I couldn't understand. I just kept saying, "God, I really don't understand! We didn't really have the extra money for the mission trip to begin with, then we owed money for taxes and medical bills, and now we find out that we can have only one fund raiser per year at the church... how will we ever raise enough money for everyone to go like we had wanted?" "God, I know you want me to go... there have been a handful of things in life that I knew without a doubt that you were telling me, commanding me, to do and this is one of them! Abba, Daddy-God, I'm scared..." He calmed my spirit, but I still didn't have the answer I wanted. I wanted to know how and when I was going to get the money. Not to mention the extra money I was going to have to have to get my passport and my travel visa. Still not the answer I wanted, just "be still, trust in Me."

So, Sunday we had a guest speaker, Dennis Mitchell from the North American Mission Board, who preached from II Chronicles 20:1-25. I can't even begin to convey what God showed me, but I'll give you the outline and let you read for yourselves.

The uncertainties of life often catch us "off-guard" and unprepared. As children of God, we respond to life's uncertainties by:
I. Recognizing that:
a. God has "always" had a plan
b. God is always "working" His plan - John 5:17
c. God's plan is "personal" - Jeremiah 29:11 (This was a kicker for me!!!)
When the unexpected "curve balls of life" come my way, I will:
II. Remember to:
a. Seek God's Face - II Chronicles 20:3-4 & II Chronicles 7:14
b. Acknowledge God's Power - II Chronicles 20:5
c. Wait on God - II Chronicles 20:13 (This is the hardest one for me!!)
d. Claim God's Promises - II Chronicles 20:22 (Follow His will and commands and praise Him for what He's going to do BEFORE He does it! He's a faithful God!)

God broke my will that day and restored my spirit. I still have no idea how He's going to provide, but "I've never seen the righteous forsaken or His seed begging for bread."
God is so good...
At 2:41 AM, Blogger Holly said...

Thank you so much for sharing the sermon.

I will be praying for the two of you. ::hugs::

 
At 11:35 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Amen!!! AMEN!!!

He is so awesome and amazing.

 
Click Here To Help Little Rebekah

Leave your footprint...
Post a Comment