My child, where you saw only one set of footprints, it is then that I carried you...
Our Wedding Day, August 23, 2003

Verse of the Day...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Translate Me! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~My Chatter Box~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Previous Footprints

Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com

Prayers for Rebekah

Footprints From My Past

Footprints of Friends
    Blogroll Me!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Who Links Here
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ChristianTop500.com



Blog Directory, Find A Blog, Submit A Blog, Search For The Best Blogs

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

Top100bloggers.com





Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

Women of The Word Webring


His Footprints, My Heart...

Friday, March 18, 2005
My Name Is Cindy-Lou, and I'm a Worrier....


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

My closest friends and family know me very well, they know I'm a worrier. If I'm not worried about something I begin to worry that there's something I should be worried about and I'm not worrying about it.... seriously. I really do that, but I guess I don't have to tell everything I know, huh?

A good friend of mine sent this to me in an email today:

Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength. It does not enable us to escape evil. It makes us unfit to face evil when it comes. It is the interest you pay on trouble before it comes.

Yes, I know all of the scriptures that deal with worry. I even have them conveniently written down on a huge index card, you know, the REALLY big ones, for easy reference. I used to post cards with scriptures everywhere that I had a struggle. For instance, on my bathroom mirror because I sometimes think I'm really not pretty (on the inside and the outside), on the refrigerator where I too often turn for "comfort", and my car because I spend alot of time there and can worry all I want, especially when I'm by myself :)

But, since Blogger seems to be acting up a bit today (and yesterday and the day before and the day before...), I'll keep this one short and sweet.

But, He does feed the sparrow...

At 12:06 AM, Blogger Jeff H said...

Rick Warren makes the point that if you can worry, you have all the skills needed to meditate. Because worring is just focusing all your attention on something--negative. Focus all that attention--and energy--on God, and you're meditating.

I'm preaching to myself on this a bit, though I must admit I'm not a very big worrier--it's other distractions that I focus on, to the detriment of my meditation.

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

I'm sorry that you worry. I do too, my worry is mostly a paranoid type. I always think people are mad at me, or I offended someone. Or I am afraid to face a problem because of the consequence it will bring.

 
Click Here To Help Little Rebekah

Leave your footprint...
Post a Comment