My child, where you saw only one set of footprints, it is then that I carried you...
Our Wedding Day, August 23, 2003

Verse of the Day...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Translate Me! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~My Chatter Box~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Previous Footprints

Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com

Prayers for Rebekah

Footprints From My Past

Footprints of Friends
    Blogroll Me!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Who Links Here
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ChristianTop500.com



Blog Directory, Find A Blog, Submit A Blog, Search For The Best Blogs

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

Top100bloggers.com





Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

Women of The Word Webring


His Footprints, My Heart...

Tuesday, February 22, 2005
Let Me Tell You About My Day Yesterday.....
Well, it's pretty obvious that I didn't post on my blog yesterday. I had planned on it... REALLY!!

You see, it all started as a very benign, extremely good traffic day... after all, it was President's Day. I had to work, but that was perfectly fine, after all, traffic was so great.... I got there an hour early so I got to leave an hour early! If I can get out of the office between 4:00 and 4:30, my ride home is much more pleasant than if I don't get out until 5:00 or later........ USUALLY!!

So, I'm on my way home and decided I was going to go get my hair cut on a whim..... I chickened out and just got it trimmed a couple of inches (trust me, when ya gots lotsa hair, a couple of inches ain't nothin'.... I know, I know, poor grammar..... I'm from the South, it's in our blood....). After that I ran into Bojangles to get some "healthy fried chicken" requested by my hubby :) You see, we're supposed to be eating healthier.... and as long as he uses the word "health" in front of the food item it's fair game.......ok, work with me here.....

Anywho, I head back to my car, load our dinner (and lunch, and dinner, and lunch for the next two days...) and pull my little Mustang out onto the road and get on the highway. Now, let me just preface the "rest of the story" by saying that it was nice, sunny, and warm when I left work. I drove on up the highway and could see as I was approaching my exit that it looked "wierd" outside. If you're used to tornado weather, you understand when I say that it looked "wierd" outside. Well, this was more than wierd, this was down right (another Southern phrase) creepy! The horizon was completely black.... from the ground on up! Usually you see dark, black clouds, but this was creepy!

As I continued to drive, thinking that it was moving in the opposite direction that I was traveling, after all I was listening to the weather on the radio at this point. Then it started to rain a little, then a little more, then a lot more, then there was a deluge! We (me and the cars behind me, probably getting a little annoyed by my slow driving) were only going about 3-5 mph because we couldn't even see directly in front of us.

We finally get to a church parking lot where I pulled in with about 10 other cars behind me to sit and wait it out. Now it gets really fun..... I don't know if you've ever been in a hail storm sitting in your car before or not, but let me save you the excitement and tell you IT IS NOT FUN!!! I have never been so terrified in my entire life! I, well my car with me in it, was being pelleted with hail stones the size of nickels for what seemed like forever! I think it was about 10-15 minutes or so. The wind was so strong and the hail and rain kept coming down. All I could think was "I'm about to die in a tornado, I'm about to be blown across the parking lot!" I started praying... isn't it amazing how a storm will drive us to pray?

Well, I survived the hail and headed back on my way home. The ground was covered with hail, it looked like an ice storm had hit. If you weren't careful, your car would start sliding. Remember me telling you it was warm outside? Well, 68 degrees to be exact.... now, we all remember from Mr. Wizard that ice melts above 32 degrees..... I'm driving home, traffic lights are out, I'm trying to drive in the tracks of the car before me, watching the steam rise above the road, so thick it's like pea soup! Fire trucks and ambulances are whizzing past me, I saw a car that had gone down the embankment...... then I finally got home.

You know, even though I was scared, no terrified, I knew God was right there and He was in control. So, guess what song I heard on the way to work this morning.... "Sometimes He Calms the Storm (and Other Times He Calms His Child)"... isn't that just like God???

So, last night with the storms and all I couldn't bring myself to try to get on the 'puter and blog.... but here I am!
At 6:01 PM, Blogger daisymarie said...

That sounds terribly scary! I'm glad you were able to make it home...and had chicken to enjoy to boot.

I love the southernisms...reminds me of all my roomies in college.

Take care.

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

Isn't it weird, how God teaches us about Himself in the most unlikely situations??

Thanks so much for sharing with us!
-Jen

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

God protects us, for sure.

I've had some "almosts" with tornadoes. My dad drove right by one in 1974 (April 3--the juge outbreak across KY and IN), as it was ripping the roof off the fairgrounds arena (Freedom Hall in Louisville, KY). And one night in I believe 1989 I drove right past one (I think) on my way home at night--the radio announced one had just been sighted less than a mile from the highway I was on.

And yeah, I know what you mean about the weather lookin' weird. Us Southerners gotta stick together.

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

Barbara,
Yeah, wasn't very fun ;) ha! Well, we have a saying here..."If you don't like the weather, just give it a day (or a couple of hours)" :) Somethin' was certainly castin' out the hailstones... lol! That's one of my favorite verses... I quote it almost daily along with "be anxious for nothing, but in all things, with prayer and supplication make your requests known to God, and the peace of God, which passes all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus".
BTW, the pooter's just fine...
Thanks for always stopping by :)

Daisymarie,
Yeah... not fun :) Funny thing is that I've been in the DEEP south my entire life but most people don't believe I'm actually from the south when they hear me speak ;) Did you go to college in the south? Thanks for stoppin' by!!

Jen,
He's truly an awesome God, isn't He? Certainly proof of "all things work together for good...."

Paula,
You're demented...but I love you anyways, sis ;)

Jeff,
Thanks for stopping by! You know, I really don't understand the storm chasers... ha! I've been to Freedom Hall in KY. I went to the National Quartet Convention (Southern Gospel) back in 2000 and 2001. The south rocks ;)

 
Click Here To Help Little Rebekah

Leave your footprint...
Post a Comment