My child, where you saw only one set of footprints, it is then that I carried you...
Our Wedding Day, August 23, 2003

Verse of the Day...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Translate Me! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~My Chatter Box~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Previous Footprints

Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com

Prayers for Rebekah

Footprints From My Past

Footprints of Friends
    Blogroll Me!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Who Links Here
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ChristianTop500.com



Blog Directory, Find A Blog, Submit A Blog, Search For The Best Blogs

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

Top100bloggers.com





Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

Women of The Word Webring


His Footprints, My Heart...

Friday, February 18, 2005
Does God Exist?
Now, before those of you who know me begin to wonder if I'm off my rocker according to the title of this post.... this is something a good friend of mine emailed to me today. I hadn't seen this before and thought it was really good. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Please remember to pray for Darlene's (Blogger, Can You Spare A Dime?) little boy Graham with his doctor's visit today and Paula's (Believe N God) dad (my father-in-law) who is having diagnostic tests done today. Pray for peace for any anxious hearts :) Thanks for stoppin' by! Be sure to leave a comment so I can drop by your blog! Also, if you have any prayer requests that I can pray about, leave them too!
In Him,
Cindy-Lou

Does God Exist?

This is one of the best explanations of why God allows pain and sufferingthat I have seen. It's an explanation other people will understand.

A man went to a barber shop to have his hair cut and his beard trimmed. As the barber began to work, they began to have a good conversation. They talked about so many things and various subjects.

When they eventually touched on the subject of God, the barber said: "I don't believe that God exists."

"Why do you say that?" asked the customer."

Well, you just have to go out in the street to realize that God doesn't exist. Tell me, if God exists, would there be so many sick people? Would there be abandoned children? If God existed, there would be neither suffering nor pain. I can't imagine a loving a God who would allow all of these things."

The customer thought for a moment, but didn't respond because he didn't want to start an argument. The barber finished his job and the customer left the shop. Just after he left the barbershop, he saw a man in the street with long, stringy, dirty hair and an untrimmed beard. He looked dirty and unkempt.

The customer turned back and entered the barber shop again and he said to the barber: "You know what? Barbers do not exist."

"How can you say that?" asked the surprised barber. "I am here, and I am a barber. And I just worked on you!"

"No!" the customer exclaimed. "Barbers don't exist because if they did, there would be no people with dirty, long hair and untrimmed beards, like that man outside."

"Ah, but barbers DO exist! What happens is, people do not come to me."

"Exactly!"- affirmed the customer. "That's the point! God, too, DOES exist! What happens, is, people don't go to Him and do not look for Him. That's why there's so much pain and suffering in the world."

BE BLESSED; BE A BLESSING!
At 12:18 AM, Blogger Nettie said...

Interesting story, I know I've seen a lot of that arguement, "God doesn't exist because things stink." But that's a different way to combat that!

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

This is one of the most clever written stories I have read. I was here on Saturday, but I didn't post. There was a story behind that, but anyway I am back today reading it again because I loved it. And thank you for praying for Graham. No headaches for two days!! And nothing that looks like seizures since Tuesday. So hopefully that was just due to fever.

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

Miss Irene,
Wasn't that good?? I had a great weekend and hope you did as well. I'm off to visit your blog when I finish commenting :)
Thanks for stopping by!

Barbara,
Thanks for the comments! We had great news on my FIL, it was an ulcer... it could have been worse. Prayer certainly changes things. According to Darlene's comments Graham is doing well right now too :) Off to your blog next too ;)

Paula,
Hey Sis... great "argument" FOR God, huh? I have a friend whose father always says to people who say why should I believe, what if your wrong..."I'd rather die believing that there is a God and be wrong than to die not believing there is God and be right"
Love ya sis!!!

Nettie,
Isn't that true? It amazes me that some people who don't want to accept God think that He "causes" bad things to happen to them... but do they give Him credit for good things? Thanks for the comments!

Darlene,
That's great about Graham! I'll keep praying :) Isn't that a great story? Different, isn't it? So glad you enjoyed it!

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Lynne said...

I liked the story until it came expressed that pain and suffering could disappear if only people would come to Him. I think we have fallen world. It is full FULL of sin. God allows pain and suffering to even the best of Christians. Knowing that God is our help and our peace throughout the suffering is what makes all the difference. I agree that people, all people, need to come to Him but there will also be suffering to some degree or another. I think of water shortages in India and Africa, disease in other places. Those types of things are there but I suppose if the higher up people came to Him, maybe that would make all the difference for those that are suffering.

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

Lynne,
I see your point... I think my take on it is that the pain and suffering isn't going to disappear if we come to God, just like my bad hair days won't disappear because I go to the hair salon; but I can learn how to deal with it and to know that there are better (hair) days ahead :) BTW, I'm glad your Evan is feeling better :)

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

I'm back, and yest Cindy is my buddy, she is right. We used to live a block from each other and we both homeschooled. It was a wonderful year after I found her.

I left a little extra jingle in my comments and of course I had to add your name Cindy Lou!

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

Hi Cindy,
Thanks so much for stopping by! Darlene's awesome, isn't she! That's so true what you (your friend) said about healing. God never said that our healing would necessarily be on this earth, either. What better healing than to be "changed in the twinkling of an eye"? My mom passed away not quite 3 years ago from cancer, and I prayed and prayed for healing... and she was healed, just not while on earth... but there was so much more healing that has taken place because of all of that. I've been healed in many areas of my life, and my aunt, who we'd been praying to receive Christ for MANY years was saved just three weeks before she went to meet the Lord! I'm so glad you stopped by... I'm off to check out your blog! You have such a BEAUTIFUL name!! ;)

Darlene,
Of course she's a great bud... how could you not like someone with such a beautiful name?? ;) I love the extra jingle! Does this make me famous now?

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

It sure does.

 
Click Here To Help Little Rebekah

Leave your footprint...
Post a Comment