My child, where you saw only one set of footprints, it is then that I carried you...
Our Wedding Day, August 23, 2003

Verse of the Day...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Translate Me! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~My Chatter Box~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Previous Footprints

Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com

Prayers for Rebekah

Footprints From My Past

Footprints of Friends
    Blogroll Me!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Who Links Here
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ChristianTop500.com



Blog Directory, Find A Blog, Submit A Blog, Search For The Best Blogs

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

Top100bloggers.com





Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

Women of The Word Webring


His Footprints, My Heart...

Monday, March 07, 2005
Did You Get Stoned This Weekend?


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I would venture to say that most, if not all, of you guys reading this weren't stoned by your family this weekend because you went to church. I bet that your "un-churched" or non-Christian family, even if they think you're "wierd" or "crazy" for believing in Christ, still wouldn't consider stoning you.

Unfortunately, that's not the case all over the world. I learned from a friend this weekend that someone he met overseas on a mission trip might be facing that from her own family. We'll call her "Mary." You see, Mary is a believer; she believes that Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. He is her savior.

Mary's family also believes, but not in Christ. When they found out about Mary's belief in Christ, they beat her. They are now considering stoning her, which would be permissable in her country because she does not believe in the "religion" of her country. Her family could stone her and face no consequences.

All of this is pretty unfathomable to me. I mean, what "consequences" do I have to face because I'm a believer? Someone might laugh at me, they might yell at me, or they may stop speaking to me; but, in all reality, it's not very likely that I will be beaten where I live. I am free to express my love for Christ, but do I always do that? I'm ashamed to say "No." What excuse do I have? Really, none. It can be so easy to stay in my comfort zone and "minister" at church. You know, sing in the choir, volunteer for this or that.

What "consequences" will I face if I leave my comfort zone, step outside of "these four walls" and truly minister to a lost and dying world, to those who are waiting for ME to talk to them, not just those who ASK me? Well, on earth, I'll miss some blessings, I'm certain of that; but, in heaven, I'll see the blood that's on my hands, the souls that went to hell because I didn't take the time to tell them... tell them about Christ, what He did for us, that He loves them, that I love them.

I still have that "restlessness" in my soul that I wrote about a few weeks ago, but God is, little by little, making it clearer what I should be doing. What does God want YOU to do?

Please, when you're praying this week, remember Mary. When you see a rock, say a prayer for her and all the other "Mary's" out there.

Help me pray that I will not be so arrogant to think that I deserve anything that Christ has given me. Pray that I will have a thankful heart. Pray that I'll tell others.

Do you know Christ? I mean /really/ know Him, not just /about/ him. I'd be glad to talk to you about Him. Also, a good place to visit is: www.thegoodnews.org

Have a blessed day!

At 4:20 PM, Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

Fantastic post, Cindy-Lou! It's easy for us to forget how truly blessed we are to live in a country where we can express our faith without fear. Thanks for the reminder.

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

I can't imagine stoning my child, small or old. But I guess they do what they think is right according to their beliefs. I read in the Old Testament (part of the old law) that children were stoned if they were disobedient to parents. I am really not sure how disobedient they would have to be to get a punishment to this degree.

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

Cindy, I will keep "Mary" in my prayers. And let us remember what Jesus told the Pharisees in Luke 19:

{37} When he came near the place where the road goes down the Mount of Olives, the whole crowd of disciples began joyfully to praise God in loud voices for all the miracles they had seen:
{38} "Blessed is the king who comes in the name of the Lord!"
"Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!"
{39} Some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to Jesus, "Teacher, rebuke your disciples!"
{40} "I tell you," he replied, "if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out."

Let us cry out before the stones do.

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

Jen,
We certainly are spoiled here, aren't we...

Darlene,
I know, hard to imagine. That's true... I'm just glad that even though I deserve to be stoned or worse, God has mercy and shows me His favor and grace. I'm amazed every day that what Christ did for us, and I know I don't even scratch the surface as far as truly comprehending what He's done.

Jeff,
Wow, thanks for that. That puts it in a perspective that I'd not seen before. I'll remember that...

 
At 4:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog!

We are big fans of Voice of the Martyrs... It's good for us to keep up with what's happening elsewhere in the world, and to know how to pray for them...

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

Molly,
Thanks for dropping by! That is so true!

Maurice,
Thanks for stopping by! We'll be praying for you...
I checked your blog out... some great posts!

 
Click Here To Help Little Rebekah

Leave your footprint...
Post a Comment