My child, where you saw only one set of footprints, it is then that I carried you...
Our Wedding Day, August 23, 2003

Verse of the Day...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Translate Me! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~My Chatter Box~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Previous Footprints

Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com

Prayers for Rebekah

Footprints From My Past

Footprints of Friends
    Blogroll Me!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Who Links Here
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ChristianTop500.com



Blog Directory, Find A Blog, Submit A Blog, Search For The Best Blogs

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

Top100bloggers.com





Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

Women of The Word Webring


His Footprints, My Heart...

Thursday, February 24, 2005
I Can Edit My Blog, Wish I Could Edit My Mouth...
Don't you just love being able to edit while you're blogging? I mean, you can even go back in later and erase what you wrote in your post. We can even go in and "trash" a comment we made or one that someone else made that we might not like. Convenient, isn't it? Where's the "edit" button for my mouth or the "trash" button for the comments I make without truly thinking about it first. You see, here in the bloggin' world I can control what all you guys and gals see and "hear" about me. You don't "get" to see the "Ugly Christian" side of me. My husband, on the other hand, does... and all too often at that. I heard someone ask once, "How would your conversation each day change if you knew that it was being recorded and would be played back in front of the entire congregation at church on Sunday?" I know mine would be different. We don't like for others to see the "ugly" sides of us. I mean, after all, what if they were to judge us? That would hurt! But, how do we think God feels? He IS that "tape recorder", he hears every word we say and even the ones we don't actually utter. I think it breaks His heart to see the ugly sides of His children. "Father, help me to act in a way that is pleasing to You at all times. I pray that the tape recorder of my life will glorify You always. Amen"
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

Isn't it great that we also get to post our best photo ever for the world to see? I can't imagine if my computer was actually showing my real face as I blog; no make up, sweat shirt, and no tan. That's the plain truth!

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

I know!!! Isn't it great??? ;)

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

Isn't it a scary thought to think that our conversations could be played back for the whole church? The very idea makes me shudder. *shudder* See????

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger daisymarie said...

i was thinking about this at work yesterday. the conversation was getting a bit sarcastic and i wasn't comfortable with some of the inuendo. i thought to myself, that they wouldn't be talking like that if the director was there...why wasn't i more concerned with God being present and hearing

thanks for the reminder.

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

Barbara,
That's good, I'll have to remember that one, the three C's :) Thanks for the encouragement!

Jen,
Isn't that true?? Probably a good "guideline" to live by :)

Daisymarie,
I know exactly what you mean. I do the same thing.... It is a good reminder, isn't it. Thanks for stopping by!!

 
Click Here To Help Little Rebekah

Leave your footprint...
Post a Comment