My child, where you saw only one set of footprints, it is then that I carried you...
Our Wedding Day, August 23, 2003

Verse of the Day...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Translate Me! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~My Chatter Box~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Previous Footprints

Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com

Prayers for Rebekah

Footprints From My Past

Footprints of Friends
    Blogroll Me!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Who Links Here
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ChristianTop500.com



Blog Directory, Find A Blog, Submit A Blog, Search For The Best Blogs

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

Top100bloggers.com





Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

Women of The Word Webring


His Footprints, My Heart...

Wednesday, March 02, 2005
Such A Time As This...

You know, just a couple of short months ago, I had no idea what a blog was. Now, I've found this whole community of bloggin' buddies and prayer warriors! I'm truly amazed! For example, look at Paula's blog from yesterday or Darlene's blog asking prayer for her son. Isn't it amazing how God's people "find" each other wherever they go? Actually, it's awesome! I believe that "wherever two or three are gathered He will be there"... and I believe the blogging world is no different! It's awesome to me how people from all over the world who've had all sorts of experiences can come together and share with others. I think God is certainly glorified in our blogs, especially when we share what He's done for us with others. There's a song that comes to mind by the group LordSong entitled "Such A Time As This." Hope you enjoy the lyrics, and thanks, Lord, for fellow Christian bloggers.

Such A Time As This

Why did I walk through the valleyWhy was I forced to my knees?
Why did the sun parch and dry me,
As I walked through the desert of defeat.
Then came the clouds and the rain fell,
I thought I'd never make it through the night.
But God gave me the answer when I prayed with you,
He let me see the dark to hold the light.

I can kneel with a brother who is bearing a burden
And say I know just what you're going through.
I can pray with a sister in the midst of her sorrow
And say I know because I've been there too.
I can put my arms around someone who is down
And tell them to have faith and confidence.
What in pain I could not see I know fully believe,
God prepared me for such a time as this.

You may be praying for rescue.
You are facing temptations and trials.
Struggles are endlessly present,
But the purpose is somewhere in God's time.
Just keep on walkin' the good road.
Night leads to a stronger, wiser day,
And when you're asked the reason for the path you have trod,
You'll know without a doubt and you can say....

I can kneel with a brother who is bearing a burden
And say I know just what you're going through.
I can pray with a sister in the midst of her sorrow
And say I know because I've been there too.
I can put my arms around someone who is down
And tell them to have faith and confidence.
What in pain I could not see I now truly believe,
God prepared me for such a time as this.
God prepared me for such a time........

At 11:26 PM, Blogger Nettie said...

That is so true- I started my blog becasue I was bored, but I have discovered it is so much more than that. Awesome lyrics!

 
At 12:07 AM, Blogger Danielle said...

Hi Cindy Lou! Thanks for posting on my blog! I look forward to more awesome posts from you... I'm going to show my sister these lyrics... she's been through a rough few months.

Danielle from Ohio

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

Nettie,
Isn't is awesome how God works? Awesome, song isn't it? It has really spoken to me on a number of occasions when I didn't understand the "why's" in life...

Danielle,
Thanks so much for stopping by! I'll be praying for your sister. Theres' another song by that same group called "On the Wings of Faith"... it's an awesome song as well. Maybe I'll post those some day soon :)

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Dallas said...

Hi Cindy-Lou
Thanks for visiting my site and leaving a comment. That song is awesome. It really touched me. It is so neat that we can meet up on the net with other brothers and sisters in the Lord and pray with and for them. I'll keep my eye on your site.

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

It has been an eye-opening (as well as "heart-opening") experience for me, these last couple of months, finding our community of on-line Christians. I first started blogging as a political outlet (and I still do my share of that), but I've found more comfort in the prayers offered up amongst us all than in venting my political ideas.

But what I find the most challenging is when the two meet: Christianity and politics. Not an easy row to hoe, but important to me.

Thanks for being a valuable part of our "family"!!!

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

Cindy-Lou,

Great song! Thanks for sharing it with us. :)

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

I am glad to be part of this community. I usually find that I blog too much, but when I quit, I miss the people.

There is a balance that I am hoping to find.

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

Tink,
Thanks so much for dropping by :)
This is a great community, isn't it?

Paula,
That's cool... actually he mentioned it in SS yesterday and there are others in the class who've been visiting :)

Jeff,
Thanks for stopping by... I checked out Hannah's site, good site :) I know what you mean about "when the two meet" (politics and Christianity). I'm glad we have people who aren't afraid to take their stand.

Jen,
Thanks! Thanks for dropping by...

Darlene,
Yeah, me too ;) It's addictive, isn't it... it's an awesome community! The people are addictive ;) I know exactly what you mean about the "balance"... I guess it's like everything else in life, too much of a good thing can be a bad thing ;)

Barbara,
I'm familiar with Switchfoot... I like them. I'll have to check out Skillet.... I love the name!
I think Hu Cindy-Lou has a nice ring, though..... ;) After all, I probably expose you to some strange Southern US slang... if not, here's some just in case:
y'all (means "all of you")
fixin-ta (means "just about to (do something))
do-what (means "excuse me?")
*grin*

 
Click Here To Help Little Rebekah

Leave your footprint...
Post a Comment