My child, where you saw only one set of footprints, it is then that I carried you...
Our Wedding Day, August 23, 2003

Verse of the Day...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Translate Me! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~My Chatter Box~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Previous Footprints

Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com

Prayers for Rebekah

Footprints From My Past

Footprints of Friends
    Blogroll Me!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Who Links Here
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ChristianTop500.com



Blog Directory, Find A Blog, Submit A Blog, Search For The Best Blogs

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

Top100bloggers.com





Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

Women of The Word Webring


His Footprints, My Heart...

Saturday, March 12, 2005
Things That Make You Go "Hmmm..."


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

You know, it's been one of those weeks where I've just had alot on my mind. As I mentioned in Monday's post, I have this feeling of "restlessness" in my soul about how God wants to use me. I'm certain that music, specifically singing, is a part of that, but I just know that I need to be reaching people beyond what I'm doing now.

I sing in our choir and am in the solo rotation at our church. In the past I've sung with a couple of trios. (Until I learn how to put some of my recordings on my blog, go to the following link to hear a small sample of my singing: www.mrvstudios.com and click on "Audio Samples" then click on "High Praise Trio") We travelled around to other churches to minister, but it's been almost 2 years since I've done that.

That's not a bad thing, though, because God's been using that time to really work in my life. He's done alot of "healing" in many areas of my life, but that's a post for another time.

I'm sure many of you have either heard or read about the tragedy that occured yesterday in Atlanta. A rape suspect who was on trial overpowered a deputy, took her gun and shot her. He then went on to shoot and kill a federal judge and his court reporter as well as another deputy. The judge, court reporter, and second deputy have died and the first deputy is in critical condition. The suspect, Brian Nichols, then went on a car jacking spree, if you will, injuring another man. Police found out this morning that an Atlanta Customs Agent was found shot to death with his gun and truck stolen, suspecting that this might be related to this case. Driving home from work yesterday was so strange, seeing police cars everywhere and at one time seeing several police cars speeding to investigate a lead. My husband just called to let me know that the police have just caught Nichols. It's about 11:45 a.m. on Saturday morning.

While sitting still in traffic, I spoke with my dad who wanted to make sure I knew about it and to tell me to be careful and not let anyone in if they approached my car (he's such a good daddy...). The city was on lock down, and the school where my co-worker's daughter attends was on lock down. My dad and I were talking about how we live in such a different world from when he was in school, even very different from when I was in school, which has been longer than I care to dwell on too much *grin*, but still not that long ago.

I say that to say this, life is so fragile, so fleeting. A friend of mine and my husband's said this to me the other day, "I believe whole heartedly that the saving message of Christ is still the same we just have to share it in a way that is relevant to the people we hope to reach." Amen.

There's just a somber feeling in my soul today. I pray that God will put someone in each of our paths so that we can share His goodness.

At 2:59 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

Sing, Cindy, sing!!!

I like the audio clip. Find some outlet for your singing beyond the walls of the church. That's what the bluegrass-gospel band I'm in (The Lynn Camp Hollow Boys) have done. We've sung at a retirement living center, other churches, Baptist Convention meetings, and are scheduled to sing at a local country jamboree in June.

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger daisymarie said...

That was an amazing clip. You have a wonderful voice. I imagine that God has equally wonderful and amazing things for you to accomplish for Him.

Look for where He's working and join Him.

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

I am blown away, I absolutely love your singing! The clarity in your voice combined with the style is wonderful.

I am so happy that guy was caught, you must all feel safer now. Your dad was smart to warn you.

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

Jeff,
Thanks for the encouragement! I'd like to get back into the "ministry", but I'm not completely sure how to go about it. The groups I've sung in before have been established groups. Finding people to start a group won't really be a problem, and I've thought about a solo ministry. But knowing where to start as far as places to sing, I'm not really sure how to do that... I'm praying about it, ALOT! Have any advice? My prayer is always that if I'm doing any of this for any reason other than to bring people to Christ (either non-Christians to salvation or Christians to a closer walk), then for God to not let me sing. I saw on your site you have a link to your group's web site... I'm gonna check it out in a minute or two :)

Sis,
You're always an encouragement, thank you. You never know, that women's ministry "thing" we've toyed around with.... maybe :)

Daisymarie,
Thank you, I appreciate your comments :) That's very good advice :) I'm sure I'd be astonished if God told me now what He could accomplish through me if I just let Him use me :) Thanks for the encouragement!

Darlene,
Thank you *blush*... I absolutely LOVE to sing... and there's such a difference I find in myself when I'm singing about (and TO) God :) I'm amazed that He lets me sing...
Yeah, I'm glad that guy was caught, too. It is an erie feeling to know someone that evil is out there. Yeah, my daddy's a good one ;)

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

Cindy, once you get a group together (or decide to sing solo), just put the word out: tell family and friends, visit folks you know who live in nursing homes or retirment centers, ask friends who attend other churches. I've found that retirement centers and nursing homes are great. The residents are typically very responsive and appreciative. That will also get word-of-mouth started for you, as residents and even staff tell others.

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

Jeff,
Thanks for the info!

Maurice,
Thanks... I'm certain God has plans... it's just the "waiting" on His timing :)

 
Click Here To Help Little Rebekah

Leave your footprint...
Post a Comment