My child, where you saw only one set of footprints, it is then that I carried you...
Our Wedding Day, August 23, 2003

Verse of the Day...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Translate Me! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~My Chatter Box~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Previous Footprints

Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com

Prayers for Rebekah

Footprints From My Past

Footprints of Friends
    Blogroll Me!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Who Links Here
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ChristianTop500.com



Blog Directory, Find A Blog, Submit A Blog, Search For The Best Blogs

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

Top100bloggers.com





Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

Women of The Word Webring


His Footprints, My Heart...

Tuesday, July 26, 2005
Worthless?
The other day in a forum I belong to the question was asked "What religion are you, if any?" One person's response sort of floored me. Their response was "I was raised Catholic, not too religious these days -- God's there when and where I need Him." When I read that, my heart fell. I truly felt pain in my soul. I felt pain and sorrow that this is how this person feels, but I also felt pain and sorrow in my heart for myself. How many times have I have gone through my day not focusing on Him. God brought the song "Worthless" by Point of Grace to mind. The chorus says, "A moment is worthless, no meaning, purpose, every breath is just wasted if You are not the center of my world, I'm just drifting, barely existing, 'cause every minute without You is worthless..." He reminded me how worthless everything is without Him in it, it truly just isn't the same without Him in it. I honestly can't imagine life without Him.

Do you know Him? You can, you know... I'd love to tell you how!
At 3:57 PM, Blogger steve said...

I hear people say things like that and it breaks my heart also. I just think of how much it breaks God's heart. He is just WAITING for us. Belief in itself just isnt enough

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger daisymarie said...

It is a sad response. I've never heard that song...going to have to look it up!

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

People always think that it is God who leaves us, abandons us...but that is never true. It is us who does the leaving and abandoning...

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

Steve,
Amen, brother... you can "believe" anything, but "knowing" is the key ;)

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

Sis, I know... I can't imagine how His heart breaks when we tell Him we don't need Him.

I'll check out the webring...
Love ya!

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

Daisymarie, it's on their "I Choose You" CD... some great songs on it. You'll love the song in its entirety, GREAT song!

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

Shelley, you're absolutely right. We were talking in SS this Sunday about feeling like you are in a spiritual drought... someone said sometimes it feels like God is far away or gone, but it's not that... were the ones who move or let sin get in between our relationship with Him.

 
At 5:12 AM, Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

Great Post! It's so true, so many people just use God, it's all about them. God is so merciful!

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger Joe said...

"Not too religious..." Well, that's good. Religion never saved anybody. It was agains the "religious" people only that Jesus railed. It is trust in Jesus, Christ, and His finished work at the cross of Calvary that is important. That's the message we have to somehow get across to people.

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

Live, love, laugh: YES, He certainly is!

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

Joe: Amen, brother... you hit the nail on the head!

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Paul said...

Hi Cindy-Lou,

Awesome post my friend!

Just finished listening to a clip of that song and just the little I hear, spoke volumes to my heart.

Over the last three years, the Lord has become the center of my heart, He is the one that has given me purpose when I was ready to give up. I have known Jesus as my saviour since 1969, but it has only been the last three years that He has become Lord of my life.

He is the one that carried me through the chemo, radiation, two major surgeries and a divorce after nearly 30 years (not by choice)

He loved me enough to allow me go through what I have, to get me where I am now with Him. Like you I cannot imagine life without Him.

Hill Country Thoughts was birthed because of His love for me and it is His gift to me, to use to bring glory and honor to Him and for that I will be eternally grateful.

He has given me so many new friends and is beginning to open new doors and giving me new opportunities to share.

Again Cindy Lou, thank you for sharing. Looks like I am writing a book but your post today touched my heart and made me look into the face of the Lord this morning and I needed that.

Blessings,

Writing for the King,

Paul

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Nettie said...

"I Choose You" is a great CD all over, I love the new single "Who Am I".

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Cindy-Lou,

I too was born and raised Catholic. They are traditionalist. They do not understand the awesome power Gid has. They do not understand that the Bible is the TRUE Spoken word of God.

My Mom is a devoted Catholic that I need to work with, and help her understand just how GREAT God is, and How he is with us, No matter what.

Blessings,

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger ~Suzii~ said...

What really hurts... is when it is family... and the words "I don't want to be a Christian" plunge through your heart like a hot knife through butter. The tears flow from your soul then.

 
Click Here To Help Little Rebekah

Leave your footprint...
Post a Comment