My child, where you saw only one set of footprints, it is then that I carried you...
Our Wedding Day, August 23, 2003

Verse of the Day...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Translate Me! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~My Chatter Box~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Previous Footprints

Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com

Prayers for Rebekah

Footprints From My Past

Footprints of Friends
    Blogroll Me!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Who Links Here
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ChristianTop500.com



Blog Directory, Find A Blog, Submit A Blog, Search For The Best Blogs

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

Top100bloggers.com





Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

Women of The Word Webring


His Footprints, My Heart...

Wednesday, August 10, 2005
Hit A Skunk???
Ok, so it probably seems like I have nothing to write about these days... not true. I've got tons of things rolling around in my head, but can't seem to fit any of it together to really write a good post. But, moreso, I've just been crazy busy so I haven't had the time to write a good post, but I promise to really soon... I promise. Anyways, just so nobody thinks I got kidnapped and hauled off to the library by some wacko, I thought I'd share this invaluable piece of information I stumbled upon.

Evidently, if you've hit a skunk...

As soon as it happens, find the nearest gravel road. The dust from the road will soak up the spray and allow you to easily wash the smell away.

I'll try to remember that the next time I'm on I-285 and I get the urge to take out my frustrations on some unsuspecting skunk... surely the nearest gravel road can't be more than 50 or so miles away...
At 6:54 PM, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

They should add to that as a reminder to take an old bath tub with you and several gallons of tomato juice so while you are on the gravel road (50 miles away from I 285), you can pop out the tub, pour the juice and have a quick bath to get rid of the smell. Hey, it said the dust would help to easily wash the smell away...

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger JOE B said...

Cindy-Lou, I did what you told me and signed up for the Georgia Blogger list. I also added you to my side bar on my blog, I hope you don't mind.
Joe

 
At 11:12 PM, Blogger Pam said...

Cindy Lou...I have so enjoyed reading your blog...from day one to today. You have made me laugh, you have made me shed a tear or two, and you reminded me how much I do so love my Father in Heaven. Thanks! and Blessings.

As far as the skunk is concerned...well, I'll keep it in mind if ever I hit a smelly bump in the road.

 
At 12:33 AM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

It may also be a good remedy if you find you've eaten too many beans.

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger whaaaat! said...

Good advice. Makes you think there must be a bunch of those little stinkers out in the brush if there are so many that make it to the highway and get run over. Hmmm, another reason I don't particularly like going camping.

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

Ok, let's try this ONE MORE TIME...it's the voices... they're just too loud...

 
At 11:25 PM, Blogger Bill said...

Cindy,

You're almost there. Just a little brighter. And you really need to find a way to flash the name in a neon kind of way.

Thanks! You've boosted my self-esteem. I feel totally special.

Bill

 
At 6:40 AM, Blogger Joe said...

I hit a skunk not to long ago. It is one of those experiences from which you can wash your body but not your olfactory memory.

In other words, you never forget the essence. Eau-du-skunk!

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

Paula: Just to clarify I didn't actually hit a skunk, it was just just a piece of, shall we say, "interesting" information I "happened upon"... lol! Re: the billboard, well, you know, I try ;)

Bill: sorry, next time I'll try harder. Although I'm sure your hit counter was on fire because of the hoards of people rushing to your site from mine... lol!

Joe: I'm sure there's a sermon in that somewhere...like how God forgives and forgets our sins, but we still have to face the consequences that that sin brought on ;) Oh, and Joe, please don't feed or hit the skunks ;)

 
Click Here To Help Little Rebekah

Leave your footprint...
Post a Comment