My child, where you saw only one set of footprints, it is then that I carried you...
Our Wedding Day, August 23, 2003

Verse of the Day...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Translate Me! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~My Chatter Box~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Previous Footprints

Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com

Prayers for Rebekah

Footprints From My Past

Footprints of Friends
    Blogroll Me!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Who Links Here
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ChristianTop500.com



Blog Directory, Find A Blog, Submit A Blog, Search For The Best Blogs

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

Top100bloggers.com





Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

Women of The Word Webring


His Footprints, My Heart...

Wednesday, August 03, 2005
Do They Know Where I've Been?
Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus.

Acts 4:13 (KJV)


Every week it's the same, I go to church on Sunday, sing in the choir, go to Sunday school, go to the service, my whole day is focused on God, my entire reason for existing. I've gone to His house to be filled and refreshed. Monday comes and it's back to work for the week, I spend my time with God on my way to work, praying and listening while dodging maniacle drivers (and doing alot more praying!). My Abba, my Daddy-God, rides in the car with me (I tend to think He's the one doing the driving...), it's just me and Him, Him and me. Some mornings He paints spectacular sunrises just for me. Other mornings He puts the little bunny rabbit by the mail box, just for me! Some mornings He allows things to happen to make me a bit later than usual, just to miss a terrible accident that I could have been in (I'm a bit prone to that, you know...), all that, just for me! We talk. I talk, He listens. He talks, I listen (I'm not quite as good as He is at it though...). Sometimes we just bask in each other's presence.

Then I arrive at work...

Do they know?

Can they tell where I've been? Who I've spent my morning with?

Is there any evidence that I've been with Jesus?

People say that you're known by the company you keep.

I hope people see Him in me, that they do know where I've been and who I've been with... but I'm afraid that too many times there is no evidence of that.

"Dear Lord, my Abba, I pray that You will shine through me so brightly that Cindy fades in others' presence. I'm so thankful that you call me child, that I'm Your daughter, Your princess. I can't imagine my life without You. I pray that You will show me how to allow Your presence to be truly real to everyone I meet. In Your most wonderful, precious name, amen."

Hey, guess where I've been...
At 8:46 PM, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Great post! I needed that reminder!

 
At 10:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

GOD bless you!

 
At 11:54 PM, Blogger sarahgrace said...

Wow, what an inspirational blog. Your walk with God sounds amazing and has chalanged me to reexamine my own walk with God.

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger Chris said...

So... I'm not the only one... I almost never turn on my radio in the car. Time is precious... and your time in the car is perfect for talking with Dad!

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger steve said...

I always pray that people see Christ in me. The real challenge is to LET them

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger Bill said...

I often pray: "Father, I pray that you'll help me to live and act in such a way that others will see You in me and want what I have in You."

What a blessing, Cindy. I see and hear Him in you.

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger ~Suzii~ said...

I have asked the same question about myself. I think those sunrises on the way to work are especially wonderful. I was showered in butterflies one morning all the way to work... and on the way home... our Father in heaven touches my very inner soul and I always pray that I can be worthy enough to radiate some of Him through me to others. Great post! Thank you for sharing.

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger YellowRose said...

Great post! Thanks for sharing and reminding us! :)

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger Joe said...

That's the hardest part, for me: to let Jesus live in me so that others see Him. I let self get in the way far too often. Thanks for the reminder and uplift.

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

I find when I am abiding in the vine, He's all I want to talk about and I'm just bubbling with joy.

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

Bonnie: Thank you! God bless you as well!

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

Shelley: Thanks... so did I ;)

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

Pia: Thank you, and you as well!

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

Sarahgrace: Thanks and thanks for stopping by! The only amazing part is that He walks with me and allows me to walk with Him... HE is truly amazing!

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

Paula: Thanks sis... I don't see that in me... Love you, too ;)

Barbara: Thanks Bee! I know I do ;)

Chris: Yeah, there seems to be a bunch of us... my hubby does the same thing... it's one of the things I admire most about him ;)
It's too often the only time we have to sit and truly listen to Him without other things taking precedence... I know I can't make it driving without Him... I've travelled I-285 enough times to know that, lol!

Steve: wow... excellent point!

Bonnie: Thank you, you're too sweet!

Bill: What a great prayer! Thank you...

Suzii: That's awesome! The butterflies made me remember... my mother passed away before I was married and I had (of course) always wanted her to be there. I remember so distinctly walking across the parking lot to my bridal shower and seeing a butterfly and just sort of "knowing" that it was God's way of letting her be there... then on our wedding day I saw one at the chapel outside while we were taking pictures and then another out the window at the restaurant where we had our reception. We now have a butterfly bush in our front yard with an angel figurine next to it that my MIL got for me to remember my mom by... I look out the front window and see that angel and the butterflies and know just how much God cares for me that He would give me something so simple, yet so treasured! Wow... that was long...but, then again, it is my blog, huh? lolol! Thanks for your comments!!

Yellowrose: Thanks, but God deserves the thanks, I was just repeating what He said ;)

Joe: Oh, man, I hear you on that one! It always amazes me how I can let little ol' me obscure people's vision of our GREAT BIG God! Thanks for your comments!

 
At 12:26 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

Like that one song about being mistaken for Jesus.

Thanks for sharing this. You are so precious.

 
At 3:05 AM, Blogger Holly said...

Beautiful post! I have prayed a similar prayer my post, especially when I was working. I now need to pray it more as I am attending a school where the believers are few and far between. Thank you--God bless your wonderful soul

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

Jayleigh: Oooh, don't think I've heard that song, but what an awesome thing, to be mistaken for Him. Wow! Thanks...

Mustang Girl: Thanks... I'll pray for you, too.. I now that's hard. BTW, I drive a mustang, too ;) Mine's silver... although I absolutely LOVE the light silver blue (don't know what it's called, not quite baby blue, but not silver...) new mustang....LOVE IT!!!

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger JOE B said...

Cindy-lou, Sorry it has taken me so long to come by and visit you blog and thank you for coming by mine and posting. I should have come by sooner it is such a blessing.
God bless, Joe

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger Refreshment in Refuge said...

What a lovely post. I remember right after God and I decided that enough was enough and I had to divorce my husband and I was taking my daughter to buy groceries with the little bit I had left in the bank. I turned the corner onto a busy street and the light ahead turned red. Right behind it was the most gorgeous rainbow I had ever seen. It was backdropped by black storm clouds but it sparkled like diamonds. I knew beyond any doubt that God was telling me that He promised everything would be okay through the storm. I know that rainbow was just for me :)

Remember Moses and how his face glowed after he had been with God? God brings beauty from ashes and I know our faces glow His reflection when we walk with Him. The Bible illustrates that, don't ya know...

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

Joe B: Thank you so much! I'll get you up on my site really soon... I'm struggling with what to call you... calling you "The Idiot" as you have on your site sounds so mean ;)

Gina: Isn't His presence awesome??? Thanks for stopping by!!

Donna: That is so sweet, thank you! You most certainly MAY add me to your blog roll... I'll add you to mine as well... as soon as I get around to updating the blogroll! lol! I'm looking into a different format, so I haven't been too "eager" to dig into the template until I find what I'm looking for ;)

 
Click Here To Help Little Rebekah

Leave your footprint...
Post a Comment