My child, where you saw only one set of footprints, it is then that I carried you...
Our Wedding Day, August 23, 2003

Verse of the Day...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Translate Me! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~My Chatter Box~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Previous Footprints

Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com

Prayers for Rebekah

Footprints From My Past

Footprints of Friends
    Blogroll Me!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Who Links Here
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ChristianTop500.com



Blog Directory, Find A Blog, Submit A Blog, Search For The Best Blogs

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

Top100bloggers.com





Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

Women of The Word Webring


His Footprints, My Heart...

Wednesday, April 06, 2005
Nettie Interviews Me!
Thanks for the interview, Nettie! Here are my answers:

1. Why are sunflowers your favorite?
My answer: Oh, that's sooo easy! They are so happy looking!!! They brighten up any room (or
blog template!!) How can you look at a sunflower and not smile??? Especially a whole field of sunflowers! Image hosted by Photobucket.com But, probably even more than that, have you ever noticed how tall they stand and how they all face the same direction? They are sort of "focused" on the sun. It reminds me to keep my focus on the Son. They also remind me of the sun, the color and everything. When I look at them, I sort of see the sun. Reminds me that when others look at me, they should see the Son. I just LOVE them!!!

2. If you could take back one moment in your life, what would it be and why?
My answer: Wow, this was hard. You see, on the one hand, there are too many to name. Like the time I snapped at my mom and she got tears in her eyes, I remember it like it was yesterday. Or, when I didn't take my dad's feelings into consideration and said something I shouldn't have. Or, the last time I assumed that something negative my husband said was directed at me, when I knew better. My emotions and my mouth tend to get me into the most trouble, can you tell? Then I think about taking back the moment my mom died. What if she were still here with me and didn't have to die. But after I think about all the moments I'd like to take back, I look at where I am today and who I've become. That's when I finally realized that I'm not sure I'd take back any moment in my life because they've all made me stronger, added strength to my character, and strengthened my faith.

3. Why not Popeye?
My answer: What??? And break sweet little Olive Oyl's heart??? I wouldn't think of it!!!

4. What's your favorite piece of Scripture?
My answer: Psalm 8:3-5 "When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him? For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour."


5. What's currently residing in your car?Image hosted by Photobucket.com
My answer: Well, let's see, my cell phone charger, a car shade, a silver necklace with a breast cancer awareness pink ribbon charm on my rear view mirror, my Avon bag with various items (samples, order slips, invoices, paperwork) ....."Avon calling! Hi, I'm Cindy-Lou, your friendly Avon Independent Sales Representative!", lots of CD's (Vicki Yohe, Rascal Flatts, Diana Degarmo, Lordsong, Gold City, Joyce Martin, Cindy Ponce.... oh, that's me....., the practice CD for the Easter cantata we did, and on, and on.....), my Easter cantata song book to take back to church, a black pair of clogs, two umbrellas (one solid black, the other with a Monet motiff), my black leather coat (I do live in Georgia, you know..... just because it's 73 degrees today doesn't mean it wasn't freezing the other day!!), some "pay at the pump" receipts from the gas station, a Walgreen's flyer, two new litter boxes and two containers of fresh cat litter that I just bought at lunch today for our kitties ("new" and "fresh" being key words here....), loose change, typical items in the dash (insurance card, registration, no maps, though.... wouldn't do me any good.....), leather portfolio with papers and my business cards, a small stuffed kitten I bought for my youngest nephew at his request, that's pretty much all I can think of right now....


Just dying to be interviewed??? Here's the deal.....
Comment on this post and tell me you want to be interviewed, but I'll only interview the first 5 people. I'll give you your 5 questions and you answer them in a post on your own blog. Let me know when you've answered and I'll put a link to your post on my blog. To keep the ball rolling, remember to pass along the rules in your blog and it's YOUR turn to interview 5 people! Got it? Great!!! Have fun with it, guys!
At 5:34 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Interview away!!

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger Nettie said...

Awesome interview, if I do say so myself. I especially love how you have to keep a coat in your car- I have to do that too! Not that I don't have enough already, but I'm getting a kick out of these interviews!

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

Great stuff, Cindy Lou.

Psalm 8--I'm guessing that, like practically every other church choir member, you've done "The Majesty and Glory"; I love it, know it by heart.

Diana Degarmo--any relation to Eddie DeGarmo, of DeGarmo & Key fame? I loved their stuff from the '80s...

And, if for some strange reason you should fall short of the goal of 5 interviewee requests, I'll gladly answer 5 questions from you.

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

Cindy,
That's cool! I used to grow sunflowers in my garden, too. They did well, though. I'll be glad to interview you.... I'll post your questions on my blog. You can answer on YOUR blog and I'll put a link on my blog to your answers. You may try adding your blog to some "blog catalog" type places. One place I'm on is the Women4God Blog. Look on my blog for the link.

Rebecca,
I'll post your questions soon!

Nettie,
I know, isn't living in the South crazy as far as weather goes??? These interviews are totally fun!

Jeff,
Thanks! Actually, I *haven't* ever done "The Majesty and Glory". I'm assuming it's a cantata? As far as Diana Degarmo, I'm not too sure about the relation, but she was one of the American Idol finalists last season, she was from Snellville, GA so we Georgian's were all over that. My mother-in-law bought me the CD for Christmas. I'll try to get some questions for ya :) Have you seen Paula's "new" name? Look at her comment on my post relating to your "name game"... it's great!

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger Jan said...

Cindy-Lou,
First off, thanks for visiting my site. Those were, indeed, scrapbook pages.

Your description of why you love sunflowers was inspiring and brought a tear to my eyes. My thing is for snowflakes, but I hadn't given much thought to sunflowers. I think I'll grow some now!

I have been interviewed twice and loved it. I would love to have you interview me, too!

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

Jan,
Thanks for stopping by! The scrapbook page is beautiful! Snowflakes are awesome, too! Kind of like God's children, no two are alike! I'll post your questions on my blog soon!

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger daisymarie said...

i guess i got here to late to be interviewed...and i would love to have been interviewed....

i enjoyed your answers!

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

Daisymarie,
It's never too late!! :) Besides, you're number 5 anyways! I'd never turn anyone down that really wanted to be interviewed :) I commented on your blog just in case you didn't see this one. I'll post your questions on my blog and you can let me know when you've anwered them (on your blog) and I'll post a link back on mine! Isn't this fun?

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

Loopy... you're a funny one! ;)
Car acoustics are great!!! As well as the shower, and even the long stairwell into our basement :) Just remember "His favorite song of all is the song of the redeemed!" That's from a song by 4Him, I think :)

Maybe no sunflowers for you, but I remember the pic from your back yard and it was BEAUTIFUL!!!
Love,
Zippy Bubblecheeks

 
Click Here To Help Little Rebekah

Leave your footprint...
Post a Comment