My child, where you saw only one set of footprints, it is then that I carried you...
Our Wedding Day, August 23, 2003

Verse of the Day...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Translate Me! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~My Chatter Box~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Previous Footprints

Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com

Prayers for Rebekah

Footprints From My Past

Footprints of Friends
    Blogroll Me!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Who Links Here
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ChristianTop500.com



Blog Directory, Find A Blog, Submit A Blog, Search For The Best Blogs

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

Top100bloggers.com





Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

Women of The Word Webring


His Footprints, My Heart...

Monday, April 04, 2005
"Thank You, Anonymous"


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Last week 'Anonymous' posted a comment on my "Have You Ever Wondered?" post that prompted a good bit of thinking and praying before I felt like I could respond. After all, if I touched a nerve on one person who felt compelled to comment, even if it was anonymously, there may be others who didn't comment. That being said, I felt led to post Anon's comment and my response here. I've always worn my heart on my sleeve and am for the most part incredibly transparent. It's my goal to be no different on my blog than I am in person. I'm a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get). Just a sinner saved by God's wonderfully amazing grace. So, "Thank You" Anonymous, whoever you are, for reading and commenting and for "prompting" me. Hopefully you'll continue to read my blog (and comment) and get to know Cindy-Lou for who she is, get to know her heart, but more importantly see the love of her Savior, the sole purpose for her existence. Even if I don't have a clue who you are.....

Comment by "Anonymous" on my "Have You Ever Wondered?" post:

Your latest entry and your readers’ comments reflect a widespread ignorance of other religions. If I were to say all Christian pro-life activists were abortion doctor and patient killers or that Christian Neo-nazi’s were apart of the mainstream, wouldn't I be making the same kind of gross generalization as is posted?--which suggests that all Muslims are suicide bombers. There are no religions that condone killing ones self or others--however there are extremist factions of most religions, including Christianity, that condone both. If what you hope to follow the path of Christ and as a result reach out to others, you and your readers had best stop the Christian holier than thou talk and be a bit more accepting and aware.

My response to the comment by Anonymous:

Anonymous,
It's unfortunate that you don't know me well enough to know my heart, and it's unfortunate that so much is lost in written communication :) There was really no "holier than thou" attitude intended in my post, just an honest, gratitude to my Lord and Savior for making loving and following Him so simple and free. My using the example of a suicide bomber was not directed at Muslims, in fact I didn't mention any religion or denomination for the explicit intention of NOT making a "gross generalization". That example is just the most recent event that popped up in my mind. However, you are probably correct in your suggestion that a suicide bomber (or a "Christian pro-life activist doctor or patient killer", or a "Christian Neo-Nazi") belongs to an "extremist faction" of *some* religion. In my religion, Christianity, one of the ten commandments is "Thou shall not kill", found in Exodus 20:13.
At any rate, I must have touched a nerve or you wouldn't have felt compelled to comment, and I'm honestly glad you did, even if it was anonymously. Hopefully you'll continue to read my blog and get to know me for who I am and get to know my heart, even if I don't have a clue who you are...



Image hosted by Photobucket.com"Do not let your adornment be merely outward--arranging the hair, wearing gold, or putting on fine apparel-- 4 rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God." I Peter 3:3-4


At 3:56 PM, Blogger Nettie said...

That's such an awesome attitude to have- most people just get annoyed at the trolls. And here's your interview- don't worry about the quota, it's for everyone's fun! 1. Why are sunflowers your favorite? 2. If you could take back one moment in your life, what would it be and why? 3. Why not Popeye? 4. What's your favorite piece of Scripture? 5. What's currently residing in your car? And the rules are: You post the answers to these, and the people who comment that they want an interview (supposed to be the first five)will get five questions from you, which they then post. And so on. Make sense?

 
At 1:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to address Nettie and ask why she keeps on referring to this commenter as a troll. The term 'troll' indicates a person who posts inflammatory comments just for the sake of stirring things up or causing disruption, and I don't think that's what this person did. Do you think that anybody who posts a different view or a criticism is a troll?

I am a Christian living in South-East Asia (in a country where Islam is the national religion but people of other faiths have relative freedom of worship) and I can understand someone of another faith taking exception to what Cindy wrote. I understand you didn't mean it to be offensive, Cindy. Nevertheless perhaps it could have been written with a little more tact and sensitivity. Sometimes we in Christian circles don't realise how our words sound to others, and then we wonder why they are not receptive to the Gospel. I am guilty of that too.

I think most religious faiths require a sacrifice of some sort, and to sacrifice one's life is of course the ultimate sacrifice. We Christians do sacrifice our lives, giving ourselves over to do the will of God, and ought to be willing even to die for the sake of the Cross... which makes us no different from any suicide bomber who also believes he is giving his life to do the will of his God. Of course the difference, as you pointed out, is that Christ died for us first and went before us, defeating death and paving the way for us to enjoy eternal life with the Father.

 
Click Here To Help Little Rebekah

Leave your footprint...
Post a Comment