My child, where you saw only one set of footprints, it is then that I carried you...
Our Wedding Day, August 23, 2003

Verse of the Day...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Translate Me! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~My Chatter Box~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Previous Footprints

Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com

Prayers for Rebekah

Footprints From My Past

Footprints of Friends
    Blogroll Me!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Who Links Here
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ChristianTop500.com



Blog Directory, Find A Blog, Submit A Blog, Search For The Best Blogs

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

Top100bloggers.com





Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

Women of The Word Webring


His Footprints, My Heart...

Tuesday, April 12, 2005
Yellow Is Pretty, But Give Me A Break!


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Ok, I have nothing against the color yellow, after all sunflowers are yellow! But when I get in my car at lunch to head down to the QuikTrip to fill up my car and the pollen is so thick on my windshield that I have to turn on the wipers to be able to see and this thick yellow cloud billows through the air, well, that's just a little too much! My head hurts, my eyes itch, my throat hurts, my ears hurt AND itch, and I have this annoying little "sniff, sniff" all the time...and that's AFTER taking my Allegra. Plus, I'm constantly clearing my throat and coughing this yucky sounding cough, and when people who don't have allergies say "Wow, are you OK?" and you say "yeah, just allergies" they kind of look at you like you're really trying to hide the fact that you have the Bubonic plague or something. Ok, so maybe you didn't stop by here to listen to me whine and complain.

To be honest, I'm really just mildly annoyed, I'm really rather amused. I'm amused at the fact that here in Georgia yellow clouds of pollen seem to resemble tumbleweeds, at least to me they do. But the truly funny thing is this: yesterday the pollen count was somewhere in the 2000's and that's the "extremely high" range. Today it's over 5000, still called the "extremely high" range. In my opinion that should be the "insanely out of control" range. My car has officially seen more pollen this year than snow. Just to bring the point home... my hubby and I taking care of my mother-and-father-in-law's animals while they are on vacation (Paula has the dog right now). One of their cats, Midnight (whom I lovingly refer to as "spawn of satan", but that's another story), is solid black and LOVES to be outdoors. When I got home yesterday she came running to me, as usual, but she had this "glow" about her. No, she's not in love. Covered with pollen!

Alrighty then, now you have my rant on pollen... I guess these days everything does have a bright (yellow) side. Ha!

At 3:56 PM, Blogger Nettie said...

Amen to everything you said! I think the worst is when people go, " Why do you have tissues? Are you crying?" And you have to sniffle out, "NO!" I guess that's the price we pay for being allergics in the South!

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

I know :) Isn't that the truth! It looks like a yellow avalanche!

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger Nettie said...

Every day, I have to choose: Park HArvey under the trees so I can find him? Or, attept to keep him from going yellow by parking in the middle, thus doooming myself to search for him? Alas, Harvey is slowly turning yellow...

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

Well, be glad you don't live in the Ohio Valley--the worst air quality in the nation. I need to move the Arizona or someplace...

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger Holly said...

If it is any comfort the area here in California where I live, will be soon experiencing the glow of the yellow pollen. However my allergies don't wait for the pollen! I am sneezing, and headachy, and coughy (I know.. not a word!::giggles::) right a long with ya girl!

 
Click Here To Help Little Rebekah

Leave your footprint...
Post a Comment