My child, where you saw only one set of footprints, it is then that I carried you...
Our Wedding Day, August 23, 2003

Verse of the Day...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Translate Me! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~My Chatter Box~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Previous Footprints

Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com

Prayers for Rebekah

Footprints From My Past

Footprints of Friends
    Blogroll Me!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Who Links Here
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ChristianTop500.com



Blog Directory, Find A Blog, Submit A Blog, Search For The Best Blogs

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

Top100bloggers.com





Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

Women of The Word Webring


His Footprints, My Heart...

Wednesday, August 17, 2005
No More Fish!
Hey! I'm no longer a "flippery fish" in the TTLB Ecosystem! I've somehow 'evolved' (let's not get started on a discussion of evolution here...) into a "Crawly Amphibian"! I never really thought I'd be proud of being a crawly amphibian, but I've learned that the older I get, the less it takes to actually amuse me.... AAAANNNNNNDDDDDDD....... I'm coming close to the 4000 mark on my site counter (ok, so I'm a wee bit early in the celebration, but as I said, I'm rather easily amused...)

Now, since I can't think of a really clever segue into the "meaningful" portion of this post, here it is, no intro, no nothin'!

There's a southern gospel song (I LOVE southern gospel!) that says "No Fishin'!" It's talking about in that "sea of forgetfulness", there's no fishin'... But satan always wants me to go fishin' with him. He wants to "reminisce" with me about my past, about what I did yesterday, what I did last week, last year, or 10 years ago! Now, there's nothing wrong with being sentimental, especially if you're thinking on how God brought you through something or how He's blessed you and He's getting the honor, glory, and praise; but if all you're doing is beating yourself up over your past and forgetting how big and merciful our God is, then THAT'S SIN! There's a fine for fishin' in a no fishin' zone... "for the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life." If you don't know Him as your personal savior, you can. I'd love to tell you how! Can I share my Abba with you?

"Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime."

Remember: "No Fishin'!"

P.S. One tiny request.... my SIL Paula wants to give her hubby Bill a little "love note" by getting lots of visits to and comments on his site for The Halftime Band. If you have a minute stop by, I promise you'll be blessed, and you'll be a blessing!
At 10:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

truly, GOD deserves our honor, glory and praise.

went to bill's and paula's sites already. paula dropped a note. they're such a blessing. so sweet.

God bless!


http://myblog2002.blogspot.com

 
At 1:27 AM, Blogger The Faith Expedition said...

Great post...I like the analogy. I've done a lot of 'illegal' fishing in my day. I hate it when satan lures me down to the waters edge...praise God we can have the strength to resist if we call on His name!

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

Thanks, Cindy. This is something I really needed to hear today.

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

Paula: any time! Yeah, never thought I'd actually be happy to be "hit on" so much... hahahahaha....
I kill me...

Pia: Thanks so much, you're such a blessing! I think you did the right thing regarding the "rude person" you wrote about in your post ;)

Becky: Amen, sista! Me too! That's how God teaches me, through the every day kind of things ;)

Jeff: You're welcome! I did too... guess that's why God put it on my mind ;)

 
At 11:28 PM, Blogger Nettie said...

What kind of amphibian do you think you are?

 
At 6:53 AM, Blogger Joe said...

I thought the connecton between part one and part two was pretty good.

Good post. Thanks for the words of truth!

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger Lightseeker said...

Congrats on evolving! But you know, we all need to "evolve" in our Christian walk. We can't stay "flippery fish" we need to grow to "crawly amphibian" We can't continue to drink the milk of the Word (Bible), we need the meat too!! This post was great.

God Bless~

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

Nettie: A frog... probably much like this one... isn't he cute??? I just love frogs! Especially the little tree frogs hubby and I hear out in the woods around our house!

Barbara: Hi!!! I was thinking about you yesterday on my way home... don't know what exactly it was that brought you to mind, I was just thinking of your sweet spirit ;) The stats are cool.... can be addictive. You? A worm? I hardly think so! You're probably a deer ;)

Joe: Why, thank ya, sir!

Lightseeker: So true! Thanks so much!

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Carol said...

Cindy Lou! I can read your blog now. For a while there something was preventing me from being able to see the text.

Congrats on your evolution to amphibian-ness . . . I think. I'm not sure how I'd feel about being a toad or a salamander. I was a Frog once (a la TCU), but I think that species is actually a reptile.

Oh my. I'm totally tangential today.

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Refreshment in Refuge said...

I like the analogy, Cindy-Lou. Congrats on the 4000.

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Cindy-Lou,

Thank you for stopping by my blog.

I had no idea that you nad Paula were "kin" folk. I feel as if I know Paula, she is very dedicated to stopping by my blog.

May God bless you and your family.

Thanks again.

Blessings.

Tony

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

Carol! I'm so glad you can read it now ;) I like tangential ;) I get bored easily so I like to jump from one tangent to another... lol!

Gina: Thanks... not quite to 4000 yet, still lacking around 90 or so, but it doesn't take a whole lot to get me excited ;)

Tony: Yep, weez be sistas... well, by marriage any ways...oh, and we have the same Father, which I think makes you our brother, too ;) Paula's the greatest, isn't she?
Take care!

 
At 1:42 AM, Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

AWESOME POST!!! I need this to share with a friend, I have to print it!! Thanks for praying for my mother!!

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger Curious Servant said...

I visted Bill for ya!

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

Live, Love, Laugh: Thanks, and you're welcome ;) I'm honored to pray for her ;)

Curious Servant: Thanks so much! Thanks for stopping by as well!

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

Jayme: No problem... we've all been hit with it and it is SO ANNOYING!

 
Click Here To Help Little Rebekah

Leave your footprint...
Post a Comment